Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Week...Part 2



On Wednesday, AJ has his Halloween orchestra concert. I went with my mom and grandparents. It was the most hilarious and entertaining concert I have been to. Perhaps I got stuck with the wrong instrument cause this was a great concert. AJ's grade played a song from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe...they brought out a wardrobe and a lion danced around the stage. I couldn't stop giggling. I didn't get any good pictures of the dancer but trust me it was HYSTERICAL! They also played a song where they were in the dark, then as the music sped up they started flashing the lights. At one point, all the lights were off and the kids kept playing. My grandma couldn't stop laughing...she is easily entertained.
AJ was Mario obviously. I helped him get his costume ready this year. After we went to lunch on his birthday we came home and thought up what to get for him for his concert costume. We looked online and he knew he wanted to be Mario. So, $20 bucks(and 3 hot glue gun burns) later we had put everything together. And I think he looks just great!!!
I LOVE to carve pumpkins! Its seriously my favorite part of Halloween...but I always tend to do it way too early so my pumpkin becomes disgustingly shrivelled by the time Halloween is here, and I can imagine with the heat we've been having it would have gotten a lot worst sooner. So, I almost ran out of time...so on the 30th we finally decided to carve pumpkins. We meaning me and AJ of course. Michael, however and surprisingly, joined in the fun this year!! I bet you can't guess which pumpkin is which....

AJ's is the frankenstein, mine is the middle one and Michael's is the carved, shaved, and painted anime one....

Michael cracks me up! He had started carving his pumpkin before I had even picked out what design to do on mine. Granted he didn't do such a good job of cleaning it out, he kept saying he'd do that later. When he picked out the design he wanted I told him that wouldn't make a good pumpkin....But little did I know he was going to try to shave off just the skin off the outside. But for an even cooler effect he decided to paint over the shaved part so when its lit, it will glow that color. It really turned out SO much better than I thought. I almost peed my pants laughing so hard(no one in our family EVER does that...) Beautiful Michael....

AJ tried so hard to clean out his own and carve it...I tend to help out A LOT! I still ended up cleaning it out, he called me the pro quite a few times, I even injured my thumb helping both of them clean it out. I'm so proud at how well AJ's turned out.
Hurrah, Hurrah for good Halloween fun. I'm disappointed I will never go to another cornmaze again(Daren's all anti...) and I'll probably never dress up ever again(its too stressful and lame when you don't have anything to do....) But as long as I still have my pumpkin carving(I almost tried to do a Kurt Cobain one but then realized I'd be carving all night...) I'll be set. I love this time of year, I love being scared! Thanks to Susan for 2 of the pumpkins(the easier ones to clean out!) What a great Halloween!







7 comments:

The Obergs said...

AJ is the best little sidekick you could ask for. Everytime I hear about you two getting together I always wish that I could have been there to join in on the fun. His Mario costume is the best, especially his mustache. Thank goodness for Kings! Let's be honest, the costume may have been a little better if you had dressed up like Luigi... I can totally see you rocking some sweet overalls!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'll hit up a cornmaze with you!! Next year!

Andria said...

Anytime you want to go to a corn maze, you can come with us!! Also trust me, when you have kids of your own they will beg you to dress up so don't count on never being a witch again!! It sounds like you had another great pumpkin carving year!! You guys always make great pumpkins. Tell A.J. his costume is great!

Leslie said...

That Mario costume was AWESOME! I think next year Tyler and I will have to be Mario and Princess Peach. You have inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Fun!!!!!!!!! It looks like you have had a great halloween!! I can't wait for thanksgiving either!! The countdown is officially on! :)

<3 Julia

Katie McCaul said...

I love AJ's costume!
I didn't even carve our pumpkins. I use to love corn mazes now with a kid it is not so much fun. Next year you should dress up:)

apb said...

Nice! I love de-gutting pumpkins. Don't know why, but I do. Way to help out :D