Monday, July 20, 2009

I Love Me Some Logan Summers

I love summers here in Logan! Nothing is better than the cold mornings and the toasty afternoons. Since Daren and I have yet to get our AC unit installed(what are we waiting for...Good question, ask Daren) we have gone on many walks with the dogs just to get out of the house. They are quite spoiled pups! However, the other night Daren wanted to go camping...so we compromised and went on a hike instead.


I was super nervous again we just decided to let the dogs run freely, without being on leashes. Apparently Meli makes Kona "bad"(says Daren)... But it was cute to see my little pup jumping around like a little jack rabbit.
We kept testing Meli to see if she would come back to us when we said to...and what do ya know...she rarely did!
Daren convinced me there was no water up there, I didn't want to have to bathe the dogs once we were done. Leave it to my dogs to find the little stream of water.
Daren even made me walk across all of these logs to get across the water. I was very upset. But I was a very good sport in the end. Good excuse to burn a few extra calories ;)
I'm so happy to welcome the 2 new frozen yogurt places in town. As I mentioned before, I really like Tummi Yummi's. Me and the boys were hitting that place up quite frequently.


Of course, we had to hit up Spoon Me as well. I was a bit disappointed with my first visit...but since then have fell in love with it! I just made the mistake of putting fresh chunks of fruit(I'm anti chunks if you didn't know this about me...) Acai is DELICIOUS! Not to mention it is super healthy! I have gone now 3 times and it gets better and better each time. And I'm starting to be able to stand the enviromentally friendly spoon....
On another note, I'm a HORRIBLE mom!! Daren told me not to post this because it will make me look bad but I think it's kind of cute in a really super sad way. Before we went on one of our many walks this weekend, I decided to hurry and cut Meli's nails so on the walk it could file them down just a little bit more. Now, I need everyone to understand I have cut her nails many times, however, this time I was rushing myself and cut one WAAAAY too short. I couldn't believe how much blood was coming out. It was all over my carpet, she was running away from us so that didn't help. We finally got it to stop bleeding then went on the walk...while coming back it started bleeding again, and much worse! So we wrapped it up and she had her club foot. Daren made sure to drill it into her head(as well as mine) that I am a horrible dog owner and that she shouldn't love me anymore. HA, she loves me still!!! Thank goodness dogs have horrible short term memory!

6 comments:

The Obergs said...

hahahah, I hate to laugh, but I LOVE the club foot! Look at Meli's skinny little leg. It's totally cracking me up. Oh Erica, there's no way that Meli couldn't love her mommy. You take much to good care of her.

I'm jealous of your hike. I've been trying to get taylor to go hiking or camping all summer... I'm sure it'll happen soon.

Jamee said...

Sounds like alot of fun! We didn't have a/c last summer and it totally sucked, but you find things to do to cool you down and just get out. Thanks for the name suggestions...if Brett and I could only agree on just one it would be alot easier!!!!

Lexy said...

Oh the club foot is so cute and sad at the same time. Don't worry Being a mommy brings on lots of incidences of doing things that make you feel like the worst person ever, but they kids and dogs get over it and always love you!:) I miss summers in Logan, thats probably why we are up there so much!

Unknown said...

Poor Meli, it is so hard to cut dogs nails because of that. I have never even tried. That is the groomers job in my book ha ha I am glad there are no hard feelings. You are still a good mom :)

Andria said...

Sounds like you have been staying busy with the dogs!!! You are a bad mom. Trust me I have done it before too but not with a dog with a newborn baby!!!

Katie McCaul said...

Looks like a fun summer! Hello at least it was your dog I cut half Reddek's finger off the first time I cut his nails. You are a perfect mom:)