Monday, March 22, 2010

Sushi's #1 Fan


My family really loves sushi.  Really, really loves it.  It may not surprise some of you but those who know just how crazy picky all of us are you'd understand.   
We did some serious yardwork on Saturday to prepare my parent's backyard for Kelsi and Chris's reception. So we went for sushi afterward....We went to Takara.

The sushi really really hit the spot.  It was extra delicious this time!



Even this boy came with us this time! It was his first time.  I can't tell you how nervous I was to have him join us!  When I love something and share the glorious thing with someone else if they say anything negative about it I throw a fit.  I gave Daren a little talkin to on our way there.  Every step of the way in the ordering/eating process I turned to him and said just don't say anything bad.  But after he ate the ever so wonderful Mexican Crunch Roll he was like wow that was really good.  Oh I was so happy.  He ate his entire box...I'm so proud of my husband, am I silly for being this enthusiastic?! It made me love him just that much more!!!!

In other news, I completed my dress last Thursday.  yay! I want to just sew everything now, I did before this but it's even worse now.  It didn't really turn out that great hahaha...it's a little big and the back where the zipper is it's a little uneven but to the average eye it'll be just fine!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love sushi as well and totally know what you mean about getting mad when people don't like your fav's. My mom in law is like a child and only likes American or Americanized food. We took her to eat delicious Indian food one night and it was a disaster! Those boxes look good, what are in the boxes, are they like a combo dinner?!?

The dress looks fab!

Anonymous said...

well now I feel the need to try sushi and see if I like it... me being ultra picky myself :) and can I just say how impressed I am with your dress-makin' skills? holy crappers that is sooooo cute!! you have got a talent there... I can't wait to see what other creations you come up with!

Leslie said...

Dude.. I'm pretty sure we were at Takara Sushi at the very same time. Which is kind of embarr because Kelsi and I were just there on Wednesday.

And your dress looks great!!! The sewing fever hasnt hit me yet but hopefully it will soon.. or should I say SEWn? Ok dork alert.

The Obergs said...

oh the dress is beautiful! I love the color and it's going look so pretty with your skin.

Your pictures at the sushi place are awesome, so funny! So, you know my disdain for any kind of seafood, but ever since you told me about the mexican crunch roll, I've been dying to try it... maybe one day we'll have to go to takara and I'll make sure to only tell you if i love it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am in total awe of your sewing abilities!! Too bad we didn't realize the talent before the whole "skirt" incident ;)

Andria said...

The dress looks great!! I wish I had some sewing skills!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't find your number, but mine is the same... Call or text me!!!