Monday, January 31, 2011

One Long Week Off...

 So, I had a week off of work.  It felt like an eternity.  I'm very grateful for the time off mainly because my brain doesn't shut off with the to-do list that I've got in my brain.  However, my parents and brothers(this is the first time it's ever happened this way so it was shocking) went on a cruise and I was babysitting Charlie.  The first couple of days I kept Charlie up at my parents house and just went up to let him out during the day.  That became too exhausting so I took him to my house.  Oh I will never own 3 dogs! That was a lot of work as well, but in the end I kind of ended up missing the little guy when I had to take him back home.

We went for walks when the weather permitted

 That was also a crazy idea....they were all over the place...
 In other news,  I did get a lot of stuff done for my baby's room.  Not everything by any means...I'm still not even close but that's ok!
I made his quilt.  First and last quilt I will ever make ;)
 His room is set up....minus crib which is coming soon..
 I put the dresser together....not alone, Daren wouldn't let me work with the wood glue BAHHAHAH
 I made some art for the man's room.  Hippos seemed fitting...
Other than that, I've just been eating lots and reading tons and tons of books. I painted my toes last night, oh for crying out loud- that was a chore and a half. I still can see my toes though. I go to the dr every 2 weeks now, ultrasound next friday.  Hurray 11 more weeks!

4 comments:

The Obergs said...

Erica, I love your nursery! The colors are perfect, black furniture is awesome, and the dresser is so cute. I love it all.

I'm impressed that you can still paint your toes. You should go have a pedicure. It's totally worth the money just for the soak and the foot massage.

What's the ultrasound for next week?

Three CRAZY boys and a lady said...

The hippos turned out cute!!The colors look good.. Good job on the quilt too!! Your a talented girl!! I wish I could make a quilt..maybe one day...

Andria said...

I think the quilt looks awesome!! Can't wait to see the room in a few weeks!!

Lexy said...

Love the hippos! And you did better than me with the quilt. i started one for Noah and never finished it. At least I did finish the crocheted one for each kid. WAY easier than quilting I think, you don't have to think as much!