Thursday, April 07, 2011

...smorgasbord...


This will be my last post before my little man arrives, unless he really doesn't come on his own and I have to wait until the 25th.  I really have nothing positive to say.  Some would say I'm quite negative...I don't do well with no sleep....Alright, maybe I'm making myself sound a lot worse than I really am. I am really anxious to get my baby here.  We really haven't been up to much.  Just finishing up small things getting ready for him.  I've been taking every advantage to go out to eat, as it will be awhile before I do that I'm sure.

Daren and my dad went on their 2nd annual steelhead fishing trip to Challis, Idaho last weekend.  My doctor was also out of town so it was ideal that baby didn't make his appearance that soon. Every time I didn't answer the phone, Daren called someone else making sure everything was ok. He said he thinks they went a bit too early and didn't have as much success as they would have liked.  They were going to go this next weekend, uhhh nope.

Last week at the doctor, they did an ultrasound to make sure everything is ok since I'm "gigantic".  He was measuring 8 lbs 10 oz.  Gee whiz, don't I know it.  Tomorrow is my next doctors appointment where they will be stripping my membranes and hopefully will get things moving along.  Can you imagine if I didn't have him until my due date(just a reminder, that is 10 days away) he'd be almost 11 lbs possibly!  Today when I got the confirmation call about my appointment, my heart was racing! Just because it really could possibly happen this weekend.

Which means, obviously this could be my last day at work. It has been so much harder than I ever could have imagined it to be. But I just keep telling everyone I'll be back next week, because there's a pretty good chance I will. It's amazing how much I can get done when I'm in the back secluded by myself.  We've had computer problems, which didn't get solved until early this morning, which makes it pretty darn tricky to train someone. 

I will post some pictures of the nursery, there have been only very slight changes made to it... In fact, I have one more thing I'm in the process of making for above his crib. Daren doesn't think I'll have it finished before he comes, I will.

I think that is about it....Like I said, I'm boring and negative.  Next time you see this blog there should be a picture of a very beautiful(very large) baby boy! Excuse me, handsome baby boy!



 Here I am in all my 37 week glory.  I'm actually almost 39 weeks now.  I really didn't want to post this picture but part of me just doesn't care anymore.  I know someday I'll want to look back and (hopefully) laugh.


And this is just a random picture I wanted to post.  Keera, my SIL, had a surprise party for Eric back at the beginning of March and we were the first ones there so we got to hang out with our nephew Landon.  I could barely get him to hold still long enough for this picture.  And I like it so, that's why I'm sharing it with you.
 Oh my gosh...I'm this close to becoming an actual, responsible mom! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Andria said...

I really hope the baby comes this weekend!!! It would be so great!! I can't wait to see him and his nursery is so cute!!

The Obergs said...

Oh you are so prepared. Everything looks great in the nursery. I LOVE the bright colors.

You WILL look back on your pregnancy picture and just die at how stretched out your body can get. In fact, I just looked at mine after looking at yours and I'm shocked at how much a stomach can stretch. I will cross my fingers that he comes early for you. Keep me posted on your appt tomorrow.

Lexy said...

I am so excited to see pics of your little guy!
you poor thing I hope he comes sooner than later for you too. I can't imagine giving birth to such a big baby. Good Luck!
you will be such an awesome mommy!

Chelsea said...

I love the color scheme in the nursery. I'm also excited to see some pictures of your beautiful....er... I mean handsome boy!

Oh, and I need your address.