Monday, January 02, 2012

...Holidays...

 The holidays were exhausting to me this year.  I was ready to go, go, go each and every day the past week and a half but now that I have a second to catch my breath, I realize just how tired and ready for a break I am.  I loved each and every minute of it though!  We started out at Daren's parents house this year for Christmas.  There was a minor bump in the road and we thought all Gordon side plans were going to be put off but all is well (at least as far as I know so far) with Cregg so we forged ahead with the plans.  We left early on Christmas Eve.  And what better way to spend the day, we watched Swamp Brothers and Sons of Guns.  Definitely my kind of shows.  But Daren loves to soak up as much brother time as possible when we are down there. As long as his dad was home he didn't care what we did as long as we were together.
 Hudson's first Christmas morning was pretty great if I do say so myself.  Santa decided to not try to find us until we were home, we'll get to that later.  So we opened up gifts from the Gordons that morning.  Hudson's baby Elmo is delightful. He cries...then Hudson tries to copy the sound. He obviously didn't understand a thing about it but just like every said, he did like wrapping paper.  But he'd grab a small piece and just hold it.

 Even Uncle Eric got to stop by.  We didn't think we'd see him but he got a day pass and surprised us! Unfortunately, Daren and his brothers had left to go shooting.  But at least Hudson and Eric got to see each other. 

 We finally got to meet sweet Fynnigan.  He was born the first part of November.  He is SO tiny! You don't realize how big your child as gotten until you hold a baby that is as light as a feather.   Oh, one day these two will be best friends. 
 Like I had said, once we got home on Christmas Santa had stopped by with some goodies. Santa brought me one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten.  A DVD of a movie that I loved as a child.  How did Santa ever know. 
 The Barney movie was a hit.  I love Barney (should I be admitting this? Probably not) He actually ended up getting 3 other Barney videos from the McCauls for Christmas.
The McCauls came up from St. George to celebrate with the Boston gang for a couple of days.  We had a breakfast at Kelsi's house and opened gifts.  I seriously love having Hudson get gifts.  It makes it way more fun.  I had sent The Wisconsin Bostons their gift which they apparently opened on Christmas, not even sure but they were a big hit!!! My friend Chelsea makes hats and things all for a good cause.  Check her out You can even see the hats I had her make for their family there.  It's the Chicago Bear ones! Fabulous, right?
 I can't believe these are the only pictures I got while the McCauls were here!! Their girls entertained us one night singing and dancing.  I love seeing my family. It's always too long between visits, especially now with Hudson I feel like they need to all soak up Hudson time more often too.

 Hudson feeds the dogs now! NOOOOOO! I'm going to have to start kenneling them while he eats or something because I can not handle it. It actually is really sweet.  But those dogs can not be beggers.

Also, I'm loving this sunny warm weather we're having.  We went on a walk yesterday and took Hudson in the baby-to-go.  How hilarious is that!!

2 comments:

Burke and Emily Adams said...

LOVE the baby sunglasses and argyle sweater. Also love that you admitted to liking Barney. Ha! :)

Andria said...

I felt totally exhausted after the holidays too!! I guess that means it was full of family and fun!! We loved spending time with Hudson. He is so much fun!! My girls miss him so much!!! It sounds like it was a great Christmas!!!