Friday, May 04, 2012

Hudson's 1st Birthday

 Holy Moly! I know it looks like this was not the most important event of my life(well since his actual birth) but it seriously was fantastic.  I am currently updating my blog FROM MY HOUSE! Many of you may be thinking that doesn't make sense. Well, in all 4 years of living here we have never had the internet.  I always survived with updating at work.  However, I am now starting to work from home part time and the bugger of a computer man blocked blogger at work.  So, that's why this is nearly a month late.  Don't let that say anything about the type of party gal I am.  I LOVED HIS BIRTHDAY! Without further ado...

Hudson turned one! I had been dreading the day(because it crept up on me) since the day we brought him home from the hospital. But I was fully prepared the day it arrived to make it the best darn first birthday a boy could have.  With the Saint George trip the week prior I definitely had planned months in advance what exactly would be happening.  He even finally got his hair cut on his actual birthday! He is such a little stud.

 Looking for fun? Hudson's Turning One!
AT CAMP HUDSON
 That's right folks, this is about as campy as this gal gets.  And I thought it was fun to have a pretend camp at my house. And the eater in me had the most fun planning the food.  It's the biggest part of a party for me.  The menu included: people in blankets(hot dog wrapped crescents), sleeping bag wraps(deli wraps), catch of the day(swedish fish), fish bait(gummy worms), and many other things.  Oh yeah, and of course, s'mores cupcakes!
 These pictures are really crappy, I'm sorry.  Apparentely my house is much too bright to take pictures of the party guests.  I appreciate everyone taking the time out of their schedule on a Tuesday night to come party with the big boy. 


 Hudson loves his actual presents but unwrapping them is not his favorite thing...as you can tell as time wore on he became less and less interested in them. He is a spoiled boy and I think that is just the way it should be!



 Oh the the cake! This part was the part I was most excited for! I was actually nervous, what if my boy is a weirdy like Daren and doesn't like cake? And more importantly, frosting!?
 He got so excited when everyone was singing to him. Hudson gives the best smile as is but when everyone was looking at him and singing he knew he was special and the grin was extra good!
 He, as most kids are, was a little skeptical of what this large blue mound of food was that was put in front of him.  But he sure liked it. So he dug in...
 and then ate some more....until he just couldn't eat anymore.  He even kind of went into a sugar coma.  My confession though, I didn't make a typical cake.  I made him a diabetic cake! There was only 1/8 of a cup of sugar and I didn't think it tasted too bad.  The frosting was legit though and that is what he ate most of.  I was finding blue frosting everywhere for the next 24 hours.
He did wake up that night with a minor belly ache.  I was sad for putting him through that but now we enjoy our sugar together and in much smaller doses.  I love this boy!

Ok, I realize this post is already incredibly long but I kind of want to just give an update on the big boy since I am still a month behind so here it is...

 When we went to the doctor his stats were:
Weight: 21.5 lbs- 27%
Height- 31.5 inches- 87%
Head- 90%
This boy loves his food.  He is just now starting to become "picky" but his picky is hilarious to me.  But he eats and eats and eats.  He crawls to the cupboard and pulls out his food.  And yes, if I don't give it to him he will throw a fit.
 He is loving the dogs more and more.  He has started to pat his chest(as if saying come here) to them.  I really wish I could teach them to come to him when he does it. It is really sweet.  But he loves our daily walks together. He giggles and talks the whole time on the walk.
 A couple days before his birthday, he started walking! He could take between 5-10 steps alone.  I was so proud(and not really a fan of trying to teach him to walk) but then the day after his birthday he decided to take a break and not walk anymore.  I was ok with that also!  But in the past week he has begun again and can really WALK! He walked around our entire house last night.  It's a pace I can handle so that is great! When he breaks out in a run I will probably have a nervous breakdown.
 He uses his "words" now.  I love them! He has his same words for hot, blanket, brush your teeth and shoes.  He also sings along to Super Bass (boom, boom part), Old McDonald Had a Farm-- E-I-E-I-O, and Elmo's song-- la, la,la. One of the funniest is the Immigrant Song came one the other day while I was driving and he was screaming a long with it.  Go look up the song, it's the beginning part.  He also has started to mimic kids out in public who start screaming.  That's embarrassing!
I am in love with this age. I would love it if he could really talk to me because we both get frustrated because neither of us know what the other is wanting. But I love the way he now gives kisses and hugs.  I love him feeding himself! I just want to bottle this up.  He is all boy and I think I'll keep him.  It's been one fast year and I love him more and more each day!

2 comments:

Andria said...

What a great post and a great birthday!! We were sad that we missed it so I loved seeing all the pictures!! You have an adorable boy!! I sure love him too!! Keep up the good work because he is such a fun, happy, sweet kiddo!!

The Obergs said...

Erica, what a awesome birthday party! All of your ideas were so cute. I'm with you, a party is only as good as its food; and your food look fantastic. Little Hudy has grown up so fast, I really can't believe that his one-year-birthday has already come and gone. What a cute little guy you have, and what a great mom you are!