Monday, December 15, 2008

BSF...Cheers Me Up Any Day Of The Week...

As much as I HATE snow, I really enjoy this time of the year. I love spending time with my family. I have so many fond memories of Christmas time!! I love when my parents put up the Christmas tree because each ornament has a story behind it. I was telling my mom all about them last night(don't think she cared too much)

As a memory, this following picture of AJ is much like what I looked like as a child when I insisted on having a the tree on the top of my head. I'm totally shocked AJ allowed me to do this with his hair...


...Probably let me do whatever I wanted to his hair because I didn't want to go sledding very much but I went with him. It was too dark to get any good pictures. Aren't ya digging my hat? Speaking of memories....I was always embarrassed to wear it as a child but now I'd wear it all the time! Sledding isn't as enjoyable as it once was either... Michael went sledding with AJ on Saturday. When he came home he said he's never doing that again, it was too much exercise for how little fun it was. I completely agree, after my 5 times down the hill my wrist, hip and leg were killing me. I'm getting too old...

I tried ALL week to get a good picture of the lights on main street! It's my favorite part of the day. Luckily I come to work when its still a little dark outside so the lights are still on. I love Christmas lights. I can't wait til next year...THERE WILL BE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ON OUR HOUSE!!!!

These are kind of random pictures...but I love how close of an office we are. We all get along so well. My dad, being an amazing boss, takes us out to lunch on a regular basis. I never thank him enough... We've had some WONDERFUL lunchtime experiences and I will never forget them. I sound like I'm leaving the office...but I'm not just had some pictures thats all.



Here is a picture of me, Grandma Swenson, and Kelsi at my mom's kindergarten program. I love seeing my grandparents. The memories I have of my grandma isn't necessarily from Christmas time....more the summer(oh what I'd give for 90 degree weather!!) When we'd go to my mom's concerts and she'd bring worksheets for us to do our homework, painting rocks in her backyard, or her zucchini from her garden. Like I said, I really love my family!

On Friday, Kelsi, Chris and I went to Happy Sushi! I was so hungry I just couldn't eat enough food. Doesn't that look absolutely fabulous. We tried to Golden California Roll(the top roll in the picture) it was quite delicious. However, my favorite still is, and probably always will be, the Mexican Crunch Roll. But how can you go wrong with spicy tuna, cream cheese, and deep fried? I don't think you can....All you sushi haters have to give it a try sometime. I'd bet money you'd like it!
And lastly, Merry Christmas to myself. This year Daren's big Christmas gift was his elk hunt so I figured I could go and get myself something... Yes, that is definitely a Britney Spears concert ticket. I can't wait to go!! I know, I know she will be lip syncing the entire time but just think...I'll be in the same building as Britney Spears. Beware....she is my Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. I will ALWAYS admire her!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

WHAT THE H WORD! I WANT TO GO TO THAT CONCERT. Sorry for typing in all caps... Once I heard tickets went on sale I went into a depressive hermit mode because I knew no one would go with me... So I've been debating about buying a single ticket and going by myself! I am way jeal. I forgot you were a fellow Britney fan.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP THAT CONCERT WILL BE SO FUN! I like Britney too... I am jealous! hope you guys are having a good christmas season! talk to you later.

<3 Julia

The Obergs said...

What the!? Erica, you ARE lucky that we are such a close office, or I might have to kill you for putting up those two bottom pictures of me. I thought you said you weren't going to use those for anything... why I oughtta...I guess I'm just getting a taste of my own medicine, my mom would probably thank you for this.

P.S. AJ should thank you for going sledding. I love sledding, but you couldn't pay me enough to make me go in the dark. It is just much to cold to mix snow and ice with darkness. Speaking of, Taylor said it was 1 degree this morning at 10:00. Logan is just too cold!

Katie McCaul said...

HOORAY for you! I don't know if I would really want to go, but glad to know she has fans. LOL Your post was fun...I LOVE SLEDDING! We haven't even had snow to go:( Sounds like you are in the right spirit being thankful and loving to all those around. Hope you have a great Christmas Season!

Andria said...

Loved the post!! I hope you enjoy Britney!! I guess she used to be cool!! Can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Britney Spears... really?

Unknown said...

I love me some good sushi!!! But mostly I love that you are going to see Britney!!!! Love it! I don't like her all the time but I am loving that Womanizer song, damn her for all those catchy beats ha ha