Monday, July 13, 2009

Movie Time

After many years of hearing my dad say we were going to set up the projector and watch a video in the backyard we finally got around to it! Even with the helicopters flying over us (the mudslide) it was great. We[Kelsi, mom, and I] went to Hastings to pick out a video. We decided to go to the action isle and pick a video none of us had seen. It was an older movie called Cellular. I loved it. Sure, it was pretty ridiculous and lots of the problems could have been prevented in the beginning but I really enjoyed it!

The children wanted to haul the furniture from the downstairs outside but we didn't obviously...
Daren and AJ enjoyed the show from the hot tub. It was too cold, I didn't want to have to think of getting out after I was sick of being in it.




I think we're going to do this more often. It was really fun. I had a hard time staying up that late [HAHAHAHAHA] but I loved it. We learned what to do to make it even better next time...We won't leave lots of stuff outside to then be watered by the sprinklers in the morning. And perhaps I can convince Kelsi to buy a firepit so I can roast a few marshmallows while watching the next movie ;)

7 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

How fun! Who knew your dad could be so fun...lol totally kidding. Your fam is awesome:) I tried to get invited to yellow stone but it didn't happen :( we aren't cool enough to hang with the Bostons.

Andria said...

Sounds like a fun night!! Those nights make me wish we lived closer so we could come over and be part of the fun too!!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great idea. Mini family drive-in!

The Obergs said...

Oh Sweet! This looks great, it's like your very own drive-in. A movie under the stars. So tell me about this mud-slide? When in the world did this happen and how come I didn't know anything about it. (I guess I haven't been home since thursday so that could be part of the problem)

Jamee said...

That sounds like it would be so much fun! I love that your family hangs out together all the time. So fun to be under the stars and watching a movie with the fam...couln't be better I am sure!

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Fun! What a great idea! Ok, Mudslide? What?

The Owens said...

your mom looks radiant! remember how she used to call me mash? and i started calling her trash? funny! i didn't know you guys had a movie projector! That looks like fun.