Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peanut Butter Fills The Cracks Of The Heart

I get really bored when I'm home alone so I try to keep myself busy [walking the dogs, working out, etc] So, the other night after working out, pulling some massive weeds, and walking the dogs the only thing left to do was finally whip up some dog treats, naturally ;). I'm not a big dog treater, it messes up their bathroom routine, but I found a simple recipe so I went for it.
They were their own little peanut butter cookies. While making them it was awfully tempting every time I had to clean off the spoon to just lick it...but then I remembered that I probably really wouldn't like it. I'm still tempted to eat one of them. With the way my dogs snarf them down they must be super fantastic [I did try to get a picture of them but Meli ran and hid underneath the coffee table so Kona couldn't get it and by the time I even blinked Kona had downed it...] Next time I feel the urge I'll try these meat ones that is slightly more difficult. One day I'll even do vegetable ones...very difficult. But I don't think Kona will eat them, she hates vegetables- she takes after her mama [me]!!!!

...Gotta get a rolling pin and cute cookie cutters...

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Um is it weird or do those doggy treats sound super delicious? Bah its only 11 oclock and I'm already hungry! For DOG cookies at that! Hahaha

Anonymous said...

I must say that I think I would have totally ate one :) what a good momma you are! I don't even make Keldon peanut butter cookies. But you have inspired me... today I will make treats!

Andria said...

I am not a pet person so that post is really weird. I didn't even know you could make doggie treats. That is crazy!! I think you need a baby! LOL

The Obergs said...

Oh I think the cookies look great, no need for cute cookie cutters, I'm sure Kona and Meli are perfectly content with circles. Oh these do sound delicious even if they are doggy treats. I love the title, that should be my mantra. If only peanut butter helped you loose weight... I would be the skinniest person on the planet!

Katie McCaul said...

That is funny I had no clue people made their dogs treats...looks pretty good.