Thursday, October 01, 2009

I'm Back!

After much discussion on the bracesforum my blog is not allowed to be posted on the site anymore.  What a hassle!!!! So I'm not private anymore, sorry for those that missed out on the fun the past 2 weeks(has it even been that long? or has it only been a week?)  I told you I wouldn't be able to handle it! I just want to quote one of the messages I received from someone on the site

"I can understand your frustration, etc. It is "creepy" and "weird" when someone finds your pictures and links them to a forum. I've had it happen to me, I had no idea there were guys into men wearing leg casts! Odd! But then being someone attracted to woman wearing braces I could empathize. You really can't control what someone does or who views public pictures you put on the internet. I am glad you have made your pics private now, that is how they should have been in the first place!

You have to know your an attractive woman and yes, some men do find your braces interesting and dare I say attractive. Oh no! Its such an odd thing with women, if they feel some attraction back its ok. But if the guy is not someone they are interested in suddenly they become weirdos for checking out there hair, their eyes, their legs or dare I say their braces.
Next time you see a guy with a great six pack think of yourself. Braces or abs - its all the same. Your attractive, men are attracted to you. You don't get to pick which parts of you the public is allowed to be attracted too, nor will men stop just because your with a man now. Be grateful you have beauty, with or without braces. Humans are visual beings, we are going to look"

Well, let's put that whole situation behind us and rejoice shall we!?!

                                                                                                  

R.I.P.
The Gordon's experience a tragic couple of losses the past little bit. It has been incredibly hard but we're actually surviving quite well. 

The first (not the order, this was more recent, as of Tuesday...) one to mention is Elfonzo, our beloved beta. I never really took any pictures of him other than when we first had him.  I thought it was a little morbid to post a picture of his dead self laying at the bottom of the tank(especially since the tank was not cleanest it has ever been) People said he would only last 6 months but look he lived a hearty 1 1/2 years.  I never even remembered he was there...I think the only person to give him any kind of attention was my dear sweet nephew Xander. He sure wants a fishie, and had Elfonzo lived to see the day those Bostonians get back to Utah I'd have definitely given him to them. --Well, maybe not because there's a good chance he'd die quite soon and that may be a bit too tragic for a 3 year old?-- Rest in Peace little buddy and may Daren finally get around to cleaning out that tank!!

Now, I may get pretty choked up about this next item which bit the dust.  One fine morning I made myself toast, and I always have to microwave it after I toast it so the butter gets extra soaked in. I went to hit start and nothing....Our microwave is gone.  Daren and I have been trying to deal without it(his friends didn't have one growing up so he knows it can be done) It was hard at first and we do sometimes forget about it so we get things all ready to microwave but no such luck.  I don't know when (and if...??) we'll get another one.  Good grief I'm already shelling out a lot for the yard(no we missed seeding before that SNOW storm, bummer dude) Nothing screams gormet like having to boil your water on the stove to make yourself a cup of noodles!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

HAHAH FIRST OF ALL- I am glad you are back! Private blogs are so hard to keep up on!

2nd of all- I can't believe you gave your microwave an "R.I.P". Now that is so Erica!

Lexy said...

WOW... is all I can say that would be creepy. BUt you are a very pretty lady. :) Or mabe I should use the word atractive. That is funny and creepy.

The Obergs said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your microwave AND your beta. Those are definitely bad things to lose. I am glad your back too. I kept forgetting that you were private so I didn't check your blog as regularly as I thought I would.

Ok, I'm dying at that comment you got. Wow, talk about a self-esteem boost. I guess you never have to feel self-conscious of your braces because apparently there are all sorts of men out there checking out "your hair, your eyes, your legs, and yes even your braces".

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Yeah! I'm glad you're back! I was just about to email you so I could see your updates, but this is so much better! :)

Jamee said...

Bet you are REALLY glad to not be private. Turns out I don't have your email either in my ontacts. Are you still on facebook? I couldn't find you. Sorry about your losses...so sad :(

Andria said...

Very interesting!!! Sorry about the fish that I didn't even know you had!