Say what, you two are probably saying to yourself?!?! Well, I can explain in a really long way, there is a sweet 4 year old patient who has been fighting cancer for 2 months down at Primary Children's Hospital. Back when I first had heard about her the website made for her I checked it out and they were planning a 5k run for her. Well, really long story made short....I ran a 5k today!!! Can you believe it?!?
(Let's all go back to when I couldn't run to my parents mailbox without dying...or when I'd question Crystal about her pace in order to be able to run longer than a minute...I was baffled truthfully...)
Originally, my coworkers were going to run it with me but they weren't able to. I said to myself, what's keeping me from doing it on my own. So, by 9:15 this morning I was completely registered and ready to start running. Actually, I was a nervous wreck. It was very foreign to me and was not looking forward to looking like a newbie (and let me tell ya, it was written all over my forehead) It was a CHILLY morning here in Logan. The race didn't begin until 10.....10:30 more like it. That was a long time for my little muscles to freeze up. I made a new friend hahahaha...I have no idea what her name is. But due to the cold and late start getting moving(I didn't want to be one of the weird ones warming up...I stretched a little...) I was rather sluggish and got passed a lot by some very intense runners. The trail was definitely more "trailish" than the sidewalks I'm use to. Also dodging horse(I assume) poop and rocks weren't what I had thought. Oh and the hills!! Hills?!?! Seriously! It was out at the America West Heritage place. So, maybe some of you can visualize it. Unfortunately, I hate to run laps of any kind and that is what it ended up being a little....I was ready to give up after the first go round. Luckily, I didn't want to be the one to give up. I knew I was one of the last and could have done better. I kept telling myself I had to finish what I had started. And guess what?!?! As it turns out I wasn't dead last! (trust me I doubt I would have posted had I been...) I still don't know how many, if there were not only 2, after me. But with a time of 26:55 I won't complain. I can always do better. I just had to brag. Sorry for all the posts recently.
Sorry for no pictures either, my cheering squad missed the memo. And by the time I was finished I felt awfully lame taking a picture of myself after I had just finished my first 5k! I'll give you an idea...I was number 3902, I had on two long sleeved shirts(one was the shirt they gave, my daddy's name is on it!) and my fleece jacket, with my beanie.....probably an incredibly red face and snotty nose. Nice right?! But I bet I was still a beautiful woman, cause I got braces on ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so amazed by you!!! You did awesome!!
ok, first of all I had completely forgotten about this 5k. You should have called me so that I could have signed up with you! I really am sad I missed it and I hope little Taylie is staying strong.
Second, I am totally and completely impressed! 26:55 is AWESOME! That's like a 9 minute mile! Seriously, so good.
Next thing we know, you'll probably be posting about a 1/2 marathon that you're running. Oh Erica, I'm so proud. You've come such a long way.
okay so just know that even when I was in great shape years ago... I still could not run! :) I am so proud of you! that is amazing! I just read your comments on my blog... Come on over!! we can watch a movie (I'm feeling like the wedding singer!) and eat treats! :) I am glad you like our house! for sure stop in sometime and I will give you a tour! hopefully by then it will be a bit more put together! xoxo
Post a Comment