Monday, April 12, 2010

My First Camping Trip

Hi, my name is Meli.  This past weekend I got to go camping with my family.  It was so much fun I wanted to be the one to share it with you(just look at the look on my face).  I got to run around freely, without a leash.  My mom nearly had a heart attack with all the dirt, but I did really well.  I didn't even bark at the screaming children like I normally do.  My mom didn't want to go but we were so happy to finally get to spend a weekend together without my dad being gone on some fishing excursion.  One of the best things is everyone likes to give us human food so I got to try many new and wonderful things.  There was even bacon cooking and I got to have the grease drip on my face.  So much fun!

My sister, Kona, got to run behind the 4-wheelers.  She was super tired. She liked playing fetch with Keldon and Wayce.  She didn't do as good as I did, she barked when kids rode the bikes or toy trackers.  She has a new boyfriend named Hank. We slept in the tent as a family....with AJ.  My mom was the only one who didn't freeze to death.  She was really proud of herself for being such a good sport.

I got to watch AJ ride a dirt bike for the first time. If only his mother saw him. She would freak out.  He also watched a lot of explosions.   The girls in the family, we stayed in the trailer because we don't like loud noises. 
Me and Kona are still really tired.  We got a good workout.  My mom is happy so she doesn't have to walk us and continue doing the Insanity workouts.   I really hope my mom agrees to going some other time camping....I think she just might ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think she might huh? Dang I'm so proud of you!!!

The Obergs said...

look at you Erica! You went camping and liked it! I'm glad you guys (and dogs) had such a good time. It sounds like Meli was an angel. Where did you go? It looks like it was pretty nice weather, but I'll tell you what, I would never want to sleep in a tent in 35 degree weather, I hope it was warmer where you were.

I want updates on Insanity!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun!! You are such a camping trooper!!

Andria said...

Sounds like you had fun!! Way to go and try something new. I am proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had fun! Keldon told me a story about AJ and a hot-dog... he even did actions to go along with it. lol. he was SO impressed that I knew who AJ was when he told the story (he doesn't know I cheat and read your blog ;) Im glad it was good weather out there for you too. the last time I was out there we woke up to 4 inches of snow the first morning. awww memories. hehe. glad you had a good time!