For the 24th this year we took the dogs on a hike up Millville. On the way up there Meli actually jumped out Daren's car window....snatched herself a treat, someone's old half eaten hot dog. Sweet. She is a bad dog. But they enjoyed running through the water. They were filthy.
Daren took a pretty good stumble when we were heading back down the mountain. He's ankles just aren't the same since that fight with Reece back at Christmas time. I had to help him hobble down. Good grief.
Even after her snack before the hike, Meli found another hot dog on the hike. Sick. This dog is trouble with a capital T! She ate a bunch of grass/weeds as well....which she later threw up.
Kona took a good fall as well, her neck ended up bleeding. We never did find an actual sore on her neck. Not sure what happened but my family is falling apart.
Now, I need some help...hope someone out there can be some HUGE help for me. As you know I hate camping. Which means, I know NOTHING. Seriously, nothing. But for our anniversary this year I want to SURPRISE(seriously, keep quiet- wouldn't you hate to be the one to ruin it?) Daren with an over night camping excursion...dogs and all. However, there is a chance I'll back out of this, there is still a month for me to change my mind. But do you reserve places? cost? Are some places where dog aren't allowed? I'm meaning serious roughing it. Ha, maybe I'm in over my head. Any information anyone can give me about this adventure I'm ready to embark on would be greatly appreciated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh poor Kona and poor Daren. I know just how he feels... those dang ankles! It seems like I always sprain mine when I go hiking.
Erica, I'm so impressed with your anniversary plans this year. Daren is going to love it. When we camp we usually just go up on Taylor's family property so I can't really tell you those details. However, I believe that you can reserve a camp site. I would check out Logan City's website and see if there is a link or a number for any of the campsites around. Also, I'm pretty sure you can take dogs because every time we've camped in an actual campground there are always dogs running around.
Good luck!
Hahahaha... there are tons of places to camp for free... we should definitely discuss this ;)
Post a Comment