I have had a really busy July! But I haven't quite figured out the best way to carry my camera around everywhere I go. One day...
We had a fire in my parents back yard on the 2nd so we could watch the stadium fireworks. I forget how much I hate the smell of fire. But nothing is better than a roasted marshmallow. I'm not patient enough though to get it to that perfect golden brown. Bummer.
I had the whole week off after the 4th because my dad had meetings in New Orleans. I got caught up on so many things around the house. And TV :)
My dad surprised Michael with a "really awesome gaming computer" I, of course, was in on the whole thing. I even got the info needed from Michael for what his dream computer would need. I don't think I have ever seen Michael so excited. It was sweet.
I went to a play at the Lyric theater with Whit and her mom. We went and saw Blithe Spirit. It was a good time! Whit is getting married in October and having her and Anita talk about her wedding is a hoot!
The next night I went to the Sound of Music at the Ellen Eccles Theater. We went out to eat at Iron Gate Grill first. It wasn't as disappointing as I thought it was going to be, dinner not the show. The show was STUPENDOUS! But I really love the Sound of Music. I felt so mature and I don't know the other word for going to two performances in a row.
Then over this past weekend we went to Lagoon! yay! I think Disneyland changed Daren's mind about amusement parks. I was hesitant to go this year but he was determined to go.
It was a HOT day! Thankfully, it was pretty cloudy so it was a muggy heat and not super sunny.
It was Kelsi, Chris, Mikey, AJ and us. It was for Kelsi's work and once again I DID NOT WIN AT BINGO! Seriously, everyone else did. It was no fun. But we finished the day off by going to Maddox for dinner. Yum!
Look at my grass! I really didn't think it was growing that much until I saw the picture from the last time I posted it. This picture was actually even taken about 2 weeks ago. I'm impressed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have been a busy lady!! We are going to take Lola to Lagoon this summer and are pretty excited. My work takes everyone in Sept, so we will go then... when its free :)
The grass is looking great!
I hope you guys are going to be at the family reunion. It's nice that it is going to be closer to us, so we don't have to drive as far!!
looks like you are having a fun summer! and your lawn looks great! you will have to give me tips so we can get our lawn to grown when we finally plant it! btw: the other day keldon said he missed his aunt erica and his uncle DD ... :)
Whoa, your yard really is filling in! All the hard work is paying off.
Erica, I'm in love with your dark hair and your beautiful teeth. What a great look for you.
Speaking of great looks, I also think your outfit to sound of music was really cute. Oh Sound of Music, I'm sure you were in heaven. I should have gotten tickets for Taylor, hahahha. But maybe he won't like it as much without his childhood crush, Julie Andrews.
P.S. Thanks for the tip on Iron Gate. Although I feel ripped off about the monkey bread, I am glad that it was better than expected.
Post a Comment