Monday, June 20, 2011

Gigantic Catch Up

Ok, Hudson is content in his swing so I'm going to get working real hard on catching up because I doubt I'll ever catch up if I keep putting this off! Ready, set, go...
.
Hudson's Blessing
June 5, 2011

 Hudson's blessing was a success, if I do say so myself!  The plan sounded crazy but boy was I going to make it work.  The man of the day behaved so well for getting absolutely NO nap in.  Who knows what we were thinking when we decided to have the blessing at our home with around 50 people.  They were definitely crammed in but I loved it and wouldn't have changed a thing (slight exaggeration) Hudson looked so handsome in his white tux.
 Daren's dad, Cregg, gave a beautiful blessing!  I appreciate all of the travelling most of the guests put in to be here on his big day.  Not to mention everyone who chipped in with the food! There was definitely plenty of food.




2 Month Appointment


Remember how I said a couple days ago that we thought this kid had grown like a foot?  Well, we weren't that off.  I was looking forward to his 2 month appointment just so I could find out just how much the kid had grown.
Weight- 12 lbs 15 ounces- 72%
Length- 24 inches- 80%
Head- 16 something or other- 78% 
(I really don't care about this part....his head is FINE folks)

He was such a brave boy when he was getting his shots!  He didn't even cry (I almost did) But he sure wasn't happy later that night.  My goodness I've never seen him this upset. Once I did get some very yummy grape medicine in him he was out cold though.  I now understand what people mean when I say his getting fussy is nothing.  That's right, I have the perfect child!!

Father's Day

That Daddy my little guy has LOVES him! Daren seriously is a superb dad.  Father's day was kind of pathetic this year. Hudson seriously lights up when he hears Daren come home.

I got Daren a little cheesy, fish themed gift.  I think what I did was really sweet, that's all that matters sometimes, right?


And Just Cause I Love Him....


2 comments:

The Obergs said...

hhahaha, I LOVE that picture of Susan. That is seriously awesome. I'm so glad that your blessing went so well. Trying to plan a giant party for 50 people postpartum is rough... probably the most stressful thing I've done.

That poem/card you did for Daren is adorable. Did you come up with that on your own?

Sweet little Hudson. Erica, he seriously is darling, one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I could just snuggle with him all day. And that smile, so cute! I'm so glad I got to catch up with you today, let's do it again soon.

Andria said...

I love this post!! Hudson is so adorable and he is getting so big!! You look amazing in the picture where you are holding him!! Keep up the good work! Also tell Daren Happy Fathers day!! He is a great dad!