Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Warm Weather Suits Us Well

My life is so busy with a 1 year old! I love this! There really is no time to relax and I am just fine with that. The boy is nearly 14 months old! Hudson is a hoot.  He definitely is getting some of his mom's feisty attitude coming out more and more every day.  Oh the screaming! This better be a short little phase he's going through.  He screams in delight, he screams when he's upset, he just screams and screams and screams. Thankfully, with my phone I'm kind of better at taking pictures.  Just not so great at updating as things happen.  This will be random.


 He's still a pretty good eater.  The pickiness is coming at really weird times. I think because he just doesn't want to slow down to sit down and eat- he likes his snacks on the go, if you will. There isn't even a food I hesitate to give him.

 I always knew kids loved being outside but he REALLY loves it.  We spend a lot of time outside.  We walk daily, we water the flowers, we run in the yard.  He gets really upset to come back inside.  Letting the dogs out can be a chore sometime because he practically is running to the door to get to go out with them.
 We went to the only local splash pad.  Thankfully his aunt Kelsi was a champ and went and got wet with him. I still don't think he was a huge fan but he liked something about it because he kept smiling.
Before nap time the other day Daren was outside working on the yard so we went out and the hose was there...and then Hudson screamed until we let him play in it.  He LOVED it.  It was adorable. 
 Over Memorial Day Daren's family went camping.  Ha, we know I wasn't about to go!  They all came up to  Logan canyon so I was going to attempt going one day.
 But then the snow started.  I definitely don't do snow camping.  Thankfully Keera got some pictures of Daren while he was there.


 This past weekend Daren was gone to his parents house.  He took Kona with him.  I can't let him do that again.  I need Kona here.  And as these pictures show, Hudson apparently really missed her too!
 Oh Hudson needs to slow down.  He seems to get smarter and smarter every day.  He is quite the talker.  He points his finger and says "no, no". HA! I love it- for now.  He tells the dogs to "sit".  Juice, shoes, and socks all sound incredibly similar. He'll say Ma(no mama) only if BEGGED.  And just tonight I heard him telling Kona "good girl" after I had said it.
I love my life! I love working part time at the office/part time at home! I love being a home maker! I love taking extra good care of the dogs! But what I love the most, is being a mother to this boy.

1 comment:

The Obergs said...

Erica, call me next time you're at the splash pad! As you well know, that is about 2 blocks down the street from me.

I totally don't blame you for not wanting to go camping in the snow. As much as I love me some camping; camping in rain/snow is sheer misery. Good call my friend.

I'm so glad to hear that working from home is going well for you. Were you working today? My office had to call you to get some BWX emailed over for me.

Little Hudson is a dream come true. Seriously, so cute, and so funny! No wonder you're enjoying motherhood so much.