Can you believe he is 15 months old? I was thinking about how silly my though process was when he was a baby. Like how dramatic I was that I wasn't going to get a good night sleep for weeks (all 7 weeks of his waking up at night is NOTHING compared to the 65 weeks of his life) Or how I was just all sorts of anxious for him to be able to eat "real" food by the time he was 4 months.
For the fourth of July I wasn't going to let Hudson stay up for the fireworks and just have a typical night. But at the last minute decided why not let the dude watch his first fireworks. I am SO glad I let him stay up to watch them. He was mesmerized by them. Before the fireworks started we played some croquet. He was more intrigued by the ants and bugs then anything else. He is all boy.
We went for another hike, again I hope we can stick to it- I quite enjoy the fresh air. It was much, much hotter this time. And there were KAZILLIONS of cows. Hudson only knows one (ok maybe like 4 but the main one) animal noise...which is moo. So, when they moo'd he'd join them. It was just so darn adorable. Then he'd even hit his chest and tell them to come here. I was terrified they were going to charge us. One almost trampled
Hudson had enough of the heat by the end...We couldn't make him happy. He thankfully fell asleep in Daren's arms. I won't be doing that particular hike again. It was still great but the heat and cows were too much for this protective momma.
We do lots of fun things during the day.
We torture(not really) the dogs by putting them in the backpack leash.
We work so hard on our lap tops.
Hudson had hair cut #3 I think it's the best one so far. It was probably the first real legit hair cut he has had. It is short and so boyish. He lost most of his baby curls and I'm a little devastated. I even joked about letting him have a little rat tail because I wasn't ready to part with that hair in the back.
Went to the doctor today. My little guy is just a tiny squirt. Who would ever have thought this boy was a gigantic 9 pound baby. Ok, who am I kidding his head is still "large" 93%. And who knows where he got his "height" from- 78%. His 22 pound weight puts him in at a whopping 18%.
Am I a mean mom for taking a picture post shots? Probably so. I couldn't comfort him he was just screaming SO loud. I have NEVER seen him the way he was after his shots. He didn't want that sucker(not at first anyway...) and I couldn't even get his clothes on. He just wanted to get the heck out of there. He cried for almost 2 hours after. He didn't want to be set down. He just wanted to be in my arms...something in which this mom won't complain about EVER.













2 comments:
This post just made me even more excited to see little Hudson!! He is a cutie!! I LOVE the picture of him crying. It is so sweet and sad!!
this post made me re-commit to taking more pictures of Nora and write down important things. I was so good at doing that with Hazel, but for some reason, all of the documentation seems so stressful this time around... but you're right, it goes by so fast and you forget so many things. What a cute mom you are with little Hudson and what a sweet boy he is.
Post a Comment