But it is my hand. It has been a fear of mine that I will fall on ice and break a bone, mainly my hip. Yes, I did indeed break my hand. How on earth did that happen you are asking yourself?!?! Well, on this "rainy" day I decided to go out and get our mail...next thing I know I am slidin ever so graciously down our porch stairs. I just pray none of my neighbors saw. I hurried, as quickly as you can go on deceiving sheet of ice that is approximately 1/2 inch thick, up the stairs to start crying hysterically. I then texted Daren informing him of what had happened...At this point I did not think it was broken. I text others asking advice, it was really swollen but I couldn't feel anything. Still didn't think anything of it... Took a picture of it. Couldn't really get my hand in any other position but I don't think it even looked THAT bad...

So, we go in...3 xrays later..it is indeed broken!!! Just my luck... It is in a weird place apparently. Daren took the xray with him otherwise I would've posted the actual xray. I have to go get a hard cast on within a week(they better let me pick my color this time!!!!!!)


Once I got to my parents house, Daren drove I am not sure how I am going to drive stick with a crippled hand...typing is hard enough.. but anyways, I learned that Michael and AJ both fell down on the ice. Michael's also caused a bit of an injury(free though...)

Proceed with caution on ice folks!!!
and...yes, for I'm sure not the last time, it is my left hand so I'm not completely screwed....
9 comments:
Oh my heck Erica!!! Are you kidding me!? How did you post a blog with a broken hand? This seems so unreal that you actually broke a bone, I thought grown-ups didn't do that! It kind of makes me laugh that I was assuring you just last week that there's no way that you would fall and break your hip... I guess I was sort of right....
Poor Girl, I can not believe that this really happened to you. It WAS really slippery out there, I feel lucky that I didn't fall.
Well, I'm excited to see what color you'll choose for your cast, and don't worry, if you need any help with typing at work, I'm your girl.
I can't believe that happened. I am so sorry. I am sure it totally stinks to have your hand all wrapped up. I don't know what you guys have all the bad luck with broken bones. Hopefully you won't need the cast for too long.
OH MY! That sucks...I wish I could have seen it. No i really feel bad for you that would suck to only have one hand.
Erica!! I totally agree with you on fearing about breaking my hip from sliding on the ice. So far all I have ended up with is a huge bruise on my lower back/bum. I saw some guy totally eat it the other day too! I hope your hand heals quickly, and that you don't have any other bad experiences with the ice!
Oh the beauty of Blogging! I'm glad to have had you find me so i could find you here on the web. And i love that your dog is named Kona. My kona didn't like my puppy at first but they're little buds now. Love it! The seeing eachothers faces thing sounds great! lol I'm going to work on making that happen!
Yes that stupid weather! At least I am not broke like you. I hope you are getting use to using one hand!
That sucks.. so how long do you have to have your cast on??
That bites big time! I have never broken a bone... and hopefully I never will. The freezing rain the other day was not fun! I had to walk REALLY slow and carefully from class to class so I wouldn't fall. I some some people fall though. Man that'd hurt!
That makes me feel lots better! I hope that happens for me:)
Post a Comment