Since Daren works until midnight, I decided to surprise him on Friday night when he got home from work. This is what he got to come home to....
- A giant balloon, something in which I've given him since we first started dating.
- Mini Heart Shaped cheesecakes...he won't eat any other treat
- Bubble Bath and Rose Pedals that you put into the bath. He's kind of a girl that way he really likes his baths.
- Sweet Tart conversation hearts
- A wall charger for his iPod
- A plate that says You Are Special Today. When he was growing up his parents had a similar plate. If it was their birthday or they were good at church they would get to eat on the plate. I will now carry that onto our children.
He was surprised! He also surprised me with a giant stuffed bear.
On actual Valentine's Day, we went to a movie that afternoon with the fam. We went and saw Taken. Not exactly what I was expecting but thats ok. Unfortunately, I got really sick after the movie. I wasn't up for much anyways that day but that really put a damper on the day. We ended up going grocery shopping! wooo hooo! Then got a RedBox and Old Grist Mill(I got soup...) to go and went home and went to bed. But overall, I'm not mad about how the day turned out. I love my husband!!!!!!
On another note, finally finished the stripes on Friday. It was quite a task to do it one handed, hence the reason their is paint all over my splint thing. Sorry the picture is so small, my camera was out in the car and all I had was my phone. Didn't really get to do the faux finish as planned but I think it looks really good still. Every night, when we're going to bed, Daren goes on and on about how it just makes the room look so much better. He wasn't so sure about it but now that he sees it he is happy. Which I, of course, love to hear!!
8 comments:
The room looks so good. I can't wait to see it. I love the look. It looks like it came right out of a magazine!!
wow girl you are way too talented..can i hire you to come finish my bedroom? For some reason that is the last thing on our to do list. and I know daren would go with you, have you ever met Mccaul boys? THey are very difficult and they went!
Jason and I use to fight on Valentines day so I just took it over and I do the planning so I'm not disappointed.
stupid blogger! I just typed a whole comment and then it deleted it...awesome
Anyway, what I was saying is that the room looks great, however I would like to be able to view the picture without busting out my magnifying glass, so could you take some real pictures please? By the way, I hope I see the elephant head up soon.... :)
Your V-day present to Daren looks perfect. I hope he realizes what a catch he has.
It looks Great!! you did a really good job!!
you painted that one handed? bravo! Yeah Valentines is overrated! Flowers are nice and i try to remind kyle that they would be appreciated more than the occasional holiday.. they just dont get it..
Love the giant balloon tradition! How cute.
And I can't believe you painted with a broken hand. I can't paint with 2 good hands. Props to you! Looks great!
holy cow, I can't believe you painted that with one hand. geeze! It looks so great!
Balloons are fun! And I agree with my sister, painting with a broken hand is impressive.
Oh, and it's a bit difficult to blog every single day, but it's kinda fun when people notice you have been posting so often and ask questions about your blog. And it would be way fun to get hair extensions in LOTS of different colors!
Post a Comment