Monday, March 30, 2009

I Feel Loved!

I'm an easy girl to please! It's an unfortunate reason why people feel the need to be extra wonderful to me but I'll take it! It's not every day I get flowers so I felt I should post them!! Aren't they pretty? They smelled super wonderful as well. Kelsi and Chris had them sent to me on Thursday afternoon....I almost cried!

Then I got eclairs(my most favoritest treat ever!!) this morning!!! I feel so appreciated. They were from the new hygienst, Siobhan. She got them for many reasons...but the wreck was included in that. Again, how unfortunate but they were super yummy! Too bad I brought celery and grape tomatoes to snack on haha...I can slip every once in awhile right?


I definitely loved getting into my rental car. It's definitely not the PT but I had being dependant on others for a ride to get around. I got myself a Dodge Calibur. I was terrified driving to work this morning, especially THE corner. I didn't know how well it would be with the slick roads. Eh, it wasn't that great I slid a bit. I drove even slower than normal, I'm sure others hated me this morning. But I'm not taking any chances!p.s. I got this picture from a pologamy website apparently...
However, while being without a vehicle on Friday I got a lot of things done! Like finishing the little thing I got from the USU Bid sale. I originally bought this for $5. This was the thing Daren MOCKED me for even spending $5 on! He made me worried that perhaps it really wouldn't turn out good. But don't underestimate me! I think it turned out really good. The hardest part was definitely putting it all back together.

BEFORE

I think Daren finally got it, that I do know what I'm doing when I purchase some nasty thing that I can turn it into something beautiful. I ended up only spending about $15 dollars on the door knobs and paint/primer. So is this thing worht $20 bucks to you? Cause I sure think so!!
AFTER

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay so I think you missed your calling as an interior designer... or something similar. After seeing your paint in your house, and now this old cupboard thingy you fixed up... it is apparent you have a talent! so question: is the dodge yours that you bought or is it the rental? I was jealous about the flowers... and the eclairs!

Unknown said...

You are so awesome!!! Good job on that cabinet, it looks fabulous!! I need to be more like you, I get so scared to do projects like that. Your rental car is cute too(I love that the pic is from a polygamist website HA HA )

Andria said...

That looks amazing!! I am so jealous of your decorating talents. I also love your rental car. I am glad you got some fun things given to you because you deserve it!! Hang in there. I know it's not fun to be in an accident. Can't wait to see you again. Anytime you want to come down here and do a fun project let me know!!

Katie McCaul said...

You are loved!!! Those flowers are so pretty and the treats sound yummy! See I don't eat those kind of treats just celery and grapes for me. lol ya right!
I am so sad to hear about your wreck I bet you were freaked. I slid off the road and I still go so so slow at that part! I am glad you got to work safe:)

The Obergs said...

What the hell!! I don't check blogs for like 3 days and I come back to this!? I was reading this post before I read your last post and I was all confused about this wreck you were speaking of... I can't believe the PT is all smashed up and that you really had to climb through your sunroof. Erica that is terrifying, I would have been a mess! I'm so glad that my shoes were there for you to wear. Please use whatever you need. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this, I will be anxiously awaiting to see what happens with the car situation.

P.S. Sorry I missed your g-mail chat this morning. I had some baby business I had to attend to :)

The Owens said...

Flowers! Those are pretty! I'm sad about the PT but happy for you about the eclairs. Those are the best! So Yeah, you are little miss creative, that cabinet looks so much better. Its amazing what a little paint will do.

Jamee said...

Sounds like you had an exciting two days...good to hear that you have a car again and that you are still okay. I totally love what you did to that cabinet!!!! I could never have pulled that off...you did great! Who doesn't love beautiful flowers and eclairs anyways! Bring them on...and way more often too!

Leslie said...

Ohhh how talented are you! Look at you being all crafty! We'll have to get together and you can be my crafty lady and help me get wedding stuff together if ya want!