Thursday, March 05, 2009

Happy Tax Return Season!

Well, for those of you out there who end up getting money back...not for those who have to pay, I'm deeply sorry! Anyways, as most of you know, I've been in a decorating mood as of late. So what better way to top off my bedroom then buy a nice gigantic king sized bed. Ahhh....sounds wonderful doesn't it. So that's exactly what I bought...


I only bought the mattress set because I am an impulse buyer...but I knew it'd take some time to find the perfect frame. So that can wait but the king sized bed could not. IT IS FREAKING HUGE! Many people when I said that's what I wanted they acted shocked that I didn't like to get up close and personal with my husband while sleeping. Hello, he shakes all night...This is definitely the best thing for us. It was quite nice having my space last night.



Now, the unfortunate thing is Daren thought it was only fair(I still don't get the fairness but hey it works I guess) that he gets to buy this gun. No the following picture is not the actual gun it hasn't come in yet but I think that's what it will be. Totally awesome...I hate guns!


However, I won't get too upset cause my really awesome Daren built me these shelves. I had to wait pretty patiently, and get woken up at 2 am to him sanding, painting, hammering, etc.. But I think they turned out so great! I love them. And I have to give a big shout out to my sister in law, Keera. She made me those tiles that say Gordon. Hopefully she's going to be starting up an Etsy store to sell them.


On a completely different note, Chelsea and I went and tried the new frozen yogurt place, Tummi Yummi's. I was getting all chummy with Nate Harris, one of the owner's who played basketball first for my brother in law Joe. But then later for the Aggies. He also knows my husband, but really Daren's brother Eric. It was delicious! The peanut butter swirled with the cookies and cream made my day complete yesterday. What a crappy day until I had a taste of that wonderful goodness. Thanks Chels for trying it out with me!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok Ok Ok.. I have too many items to comment about in this post...

FIRST of all.. FRO-YO?! In Logan? I must be dreaming. I know we never made it to Golden Spoon when you came to visit in Vegas, but hearing about Golden Spoon, Do you think maybe this new place could kinda sorta be compared to it? If so, I am in heaven.

AND I love the new bed. It makes me want to go back to sleep!

And I know there were a few other things I was going to comment on, but I got too over zealous with talking about the frozen yogurt! Must go there pronto!

The Obergs said...

I almost can't even comment on this post, I'm so jealous. What I wouldn't give for a king size bed, but you know this since I've been talking about it for years. It looks great and I'm sure you guys will thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm also very jealous of this frozen yogurt business. WHERE IS TUMMI YUMMI'S???? I haven't even seen it. I feel bad that I'm not in this picture enjoying the delicousness of peanut butter swirled cookies and cream with you girls. Seriously, you'll have to call me when you decide to go out for lunch because chances are I'm just sitting around at home. You really should call and invite me while "S" is sitting there listening and give her a taste of her own medicine... oh I'm rude. Oh well, hope she doesn't read this.

Unknown said...

I am with you on loving the big beds!! When we first got married we had a queen and Chris is 6'9", so he had to sleep diagonal or his feet and part of his legs hung off. That left me a tiny amount of room. So we got a cal king ASAP and man, do we love it. Cuddling while sleeping is for the birds! ha ha

Burke and Emily Adams said...

Erica! So good to catch up a little on what your life is like out in Nibley! I miss the Cliffside days too. :( I can't believe how grown up your little brothers are...wow...time sure does fly!

Burke and Emily Adams said...

P.S. So, I'm brand new at blogging and I need some tips. How did you make that cute heading at the top of your blog! I love it!

Leslie said...

Follow up to my previous comment...

I went to Tummi Yummi's (or whatever its called!) and it is DELICIOUS! They have made my life here in Logan. I submit that we should get Tummi Yummi frozen yogurt every week and watch ANTM/SYTYCD. I got the strawberry cheesecake mix with sprinkles. OH. MY.HEAVENS.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! of the bed and Yogurt! not of the gun :) but that sounds like something chet would do too! MEN! We have to wait till March 21 to get our taxes back. hope we get some $!!!

Katie McCaul said...

That bed looks so comfy!!! You are so crafty, and your hubby can come build me some shelves...it would give you a good excuse to visit your favorite nieces.

About you having kids...they are the best thing in the world! You will be amazed how much you love them, so come on girl get busy:)