Monday, January 11, 2010

2010! Wordy Post

I'm welcoming the good ol' twenty ten with open arms because I have high hopes for what is in store.  I never get into the whole resolution thing. I think part of the reason I have such a good feeling for the year ahead is because last year I changed some habits into good habits!

  • I can say without any doubt that I have worked out at least 4 times per week(it was more than that most of the time but there were those vacation weeks that turned the average time down) for the past year. Thats over 208 days of working out I accomplished. I can now run 5 miles without even a problem. I feel like I'm a brat for bragging but I'm proud of myself.

  • I ate an artichoke for the first time.  It took a lot of learnin' on my part but it was glorious.  I also can now eat mushrooms, sweet peppers, and those sweet little cherry tomatoes. Hearts of palm is another favorite of mine.

But this year, I really do want to accomplish so many things.  I figure it'll help if I post them for all to see. 

  •  Daren and I to go on our FIRST vacation together. Yes, you read that correctly. We never did go on a honeymoon(bitter subject don't ask) We've gone on family vacations but we've never gone just the two of us...anywhere. The farthest we've gone is the "resort" in the canyon for our 1 year anniversary(that doesn't even count...)  So even then, it's been almost 3 years.  It's time, don't ya think? It is incredibly difficult with dogs though...but I can only imagine how much more difficult it'll be when we have kids.  So this is a MUST for the year!

  • Become the most wicked seamstress around.  I did do my first sewing project(in a long time, it's not like this is completely new to me) over the weekend.  I made a sweater for Meli with matching mittins for me.  Let's just say, there's no picture so how do you think it turned out? But it was incredibly fun.  I even made a sweater for my parents dog. I think it would be awesome to be able to sew my own clothes.  My poor children....

  •  Be better about balancing my checkbook.  Since I've been married I have not written in that little register book once.  I've never had a problems but for the past 11 days I have written EVERY thing down and it may take just a few more seconds but for some reason my life is better.  I need to make it known that I checked the bank online religiously but there are the occasional checks or swipes of the debit card that you forget.  It's nice to just know.  I'm going to continue that!

  •  Quit having the restaurant take the lettuce off the sandwich. This one is probably going to be the most difficult.  My taste buds are clearly changing and I need to welcome the lettuce in my life. Maybe tomato will be shortly to follow.
There are millions more I could post but I'm not going to because wordy posts tend to be boring. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Hey! I want to be a wicked seamstress too! I got a sewing machine for christmas and I have yet to use it. I just like pushing the foot peddle and watching the needle go really fast. Don't tell Tyler though- He will take it back if he finds out that's all I like to use it for!

The Obergs said...

first of all, your new blog looks awesome.

Erica, I feel like I don't even know you anymore. Where's the girl who didn't think she could even run down the block or the girl that hated vegetables?

5 miles!? I'm so so so impressed. That is awesome. The farthest leg of my contribution to the wasatch back is going to be 5 miles and I'm definitely not there yet. You are a true inspiration. It's one thing to start an exercise program, but to keep it up consistently for a year is absolutely incredible. I really am so impressed AND motivated.

Also, I'm glad I could take part in your artichoke process. I hope you loved it as much as I do. Although, you are one step ahead of me. I HATE mushrooms (it's a consistency thing)

Good luck on the vacation thing. And remember that I want in on your seamstress resolution. Can't wait to see your creations!

Unknown said...

I love this! You are too cute. I am so proud of you for the things you accomplished this year and those are great things to do this year as well.

Chris and I haven't been on a vaca since we have been married but we did get a honeymoon. I think I may need to hear the story about your guys' lack of one... You deserve a vacation!

Anonymous said...

oh erica how so alike we are :) I too use to take the lettuce and tomato off all my sandwiches... because to me, thats all I could taste! and hey, I too just recently (the past 2 months or so) have just started leaving the lettuce on. I still don't leave the tomoato, that stuff might not ever be welcomed by my taste buds :) Its weird too cause I love to eat good salads, just not on a sandwich. And here is some motivation for ya: my mom use to sew our clothes when me and my siblings were little and nobody could even tell they were so dang cute. It wasn't that she needed to sew everything, it was just a great talent of hers. I guess just reading your post made me think of my mom and that we can all find different talents in ourselves if we just step out of the box and try. I hope the new year is going great for you guys! hopefully we will be able to see you soon for some sort of family event (anything coming up?) xoxo

Andria said...

I really love this post!! You accomplished some amazing things this year!! Way to go. I can't wait until you can teach me how to sew!! I totally think it is vacation time for you and Daren. It gets harder to get away with kids so do it now and enjoy it. Joe and I still remember the good old days when we would just take off together and go. Enjoy it now!!