Saturday
I bake a beautiful spring confetti cake to take to my parents house for Sunday dinner. I'm sure you all know where this is going. The wrapped up cake was demolished while Daren and I went out that night. Demolished is an understatement. I knew Kona was the culprit. Meli couldn't reach the counter as much as she'd prefer otherwise I'm sure. I was screaming! My beautiful cake, ok it wasn't that beautiful but golly I love sugar these days. Kona had frosting in some very unusual places....on the tips of her ears(naturally from dangling into the cake) on her neck, and her chest. Oh did I fail to mention the pan was still on the counter when we got home? She's got to have some awesome thigh muscles to hold herself up long enough to eat the cake. She had to of been dropping pieces down to Meli, Meli had frosting in her beard and lots of cake on the top of her head. On the plus side, it was the best they've ever smelled. A dog that smells like frosting? Yes please!Sunday
That delicious smelling dog was no longer. I knew Kona had to get sick eventually but my goodness the flatulence was unbearable!! I was so happy, she had to of learned her lesson. She had an upset stomach and we could move on from that crap. So, knowing I can't live without my sugar makes myself some chocolate chip cookies. They were pretty nasty cookies, clearly I'm not a baker. But it helps with the sweet tooth just fine. I put them in a heavy duty tupperware to prevent any problem.
Monday
I get a very angry call from Daren wanting to know if there was chocolate in the container that was now on the floor, not the lid just the container. WHAT?! She got into that? She opened the lid? So, my chocolate chip cookies are gone.
Moral of the story: What was I thinking? Damn dogs!
4 comments:
Oh man, It's bad enough coming home to a husband eating up the treats that you've been dreaming about all day, but to have a DOG eat them... I would KILL!!
Wow!! I can't believe that she got into all of that. Did she get sick and throw up at all? I swear dogs are so much smarter then we give them credit for. Good luck with that. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Reminds me of the time Bosco dragged a whole pizza off the counter and woofed it down in two bites... There are definitely times that I don't know why we love our dogs!!
That is too funny!! I think I should get a dog so I can eat all the treats and just blame it on the dog!! That is tooooo funny!! I am sure it wasn't too funny for you but it made me laugh today!!
Post a Comment