That's right...I already hated the ice due to the broken hand 2 months ago. But now I'm officially over the ice. As I was driving to work this morning...SLOWLY...I rolled the car off the side of the road. I hate that PT cruiser. Why did I ever wish to get that car? The amounts of problems it has brought upon me. Money has been foolishly spent on that car. And now this! I'm not sure if we're going to even waste fixing it or if we'll just buy me a new car. As much as a car payment terrifies me, that dang vehicle has caused me nothing but trauma.
Ok, ok. I can't take it all out on that car. That car brought me much enjoyment. If I do get rid of it I will have a hard time saying goodbye.
Alright, so yes the road had an inch or so of ice, I wouldn't have thought so until I had to walk from cop car to cop car in my heels. But I still was driving with extra cautious and no more than like 2 blocks away from my house, I started sliding. At that moment I was trying to think back to when I learned how am I suppose to handle the car while it's sliding...? Now, I know...simple answer. Not when you're under pressure. But it was so slow motion and I just watched it all happen so peacefully. I ended up crawling out of my sunroof. A very nice guy(I think I grew up with his son....) let me sit in his car until the cops came since it's FREEZING! I was staying super strong and wasn't in tears, just shaking really bad. Daren came, pretty unhappily, and sat with me. The cop gave me a freaking ticket saying I drove too fast. Oh hell, whatever. Bring it on, what other crap could possibly be thrown at me.
I tried to get pictures but naturally, when the guy asked me to get my insurance and registration out of the car I left my phone in the car. Therefore, we had to go to JC Auto and pick up my phone, ipod, and keys. Stupid me. But I feel it's ok cause clearly I'm not in the right state of mine currently.
Well, I'm at work now....calming down. I was covered in mud so I changed into an old pair of scrubs...and Crystal's shoes. Thanks Crystal(even though I'm almost certain you don't care since you're HAVING YOUR BABY RIGHT NOW!!!) my muddy heels and these scrubs just wouldn't go well together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is ridiculous. I always found that ironic that cops give people who were victims in accidents tickets. Isn't it enough that you got into an accident? I read an article that cops are giving out more tickets to make up for budget deficits in these rough economic times. Cops are shady. And I don't like them. But I am glad you are safe!
PS. I feel the same way about my car sometimes too. Especially this morning when my locks were frozen and I couldn't get into my car for 30 minutes. Yeah. Wonderful.
First off I think it is totally ridiculous that you got a ticket. I think that road conditions were the cause. That just stinks. I am glad that you are okay. Tell Daren he better not be grumpy about your accident. They are accidents so no one can be blamed!!!! Hang in there!
Oh that is horrble. Poor you. :(
I can't believe that the cop gave you a ticket. OH wait I will take that back I can. Cache Valley cops are the worst they always are the first to hand out tickets. Everytime we drive back to the valley we are always welcomed by cops on every corner waiting for tickets to hand out. Can't they go on looking for real crime?
I am sorry.:(
well that just sucks!!!!!!!! I hate it when stuff like that happens... it ruins your whole day. (or longer for this type of situation) sorry you had such a crappy day! Im just glad you weren't hurt! and what a butt-hole cop to give you a ticket.... geeze. people go off the road all the time and it doesn't always mean they did something wrong. what a meanie!! let me know if you get a new car! :)
What an adventure!!!! Totally sucks that you got a ticket...don't understand that one! I am sure we will hear soon on what you plan to do...new car maybe eh? Congrats to Crystal...isn't she way overdue?
ACK im sorry to see that the ice claimed another victim. I hate how they give out tickets! Boo! I slid off the road a few weeks ago and hit a metal sign.. yeah I say amen to hating the ice!
Post a Comment