I want to thank you personally for coming to my blog on your own without hitting the google reader first. Don't worry this is not going to last. But I will post multiple times a week(as long as I have something to post) so when you check routinely if I updated, I will have! I hate being private, I really do.Besides, how long did I need to wait to get everyone's emails- I know I left a few people out but I don't know their emails! I'll keep writing my braces forum friends emails until they delete it off of there. They are ignoring me, can you believe it?!
Well, anyways- so I'm crazy and enjoy cooking as many of you know. No don't worry this isn't another post about making dog treats since I know I was mocked brutally by a select few of you(you know who you are...) I made human food this time. Or at least I hope it ends up that way....
No, I don't like fruit on most days but ever since a patient brought in many wonderful peaches in for the office to try(I ate them all...) and have now become OBSESSED with them! Didn't make it any better that I've always loved peach flavored things (peach lemonade...yumm...) or the peach jam that was at the Gordon family reunion. Little did I know it would have created this monster in me. I decided to make my own peach jam. I got a super easy recipe from my mother in law and have been waiting until I had the time to whip it all up.
No, I don't like fruit on most days but ever since a patient brought in many wonderful peaches in for the office to try(I ate them all...) and have now become OBSESSED with them! Didn't make it any better that I've always loved peach flavored things (peach lemonade...yumm...) or the peach jam that was at the Gordon family reunion. Little did I know it would have created this monster in me. I decided to make my own peach jam. I got a super easy recipe from my mother in law and have been waiting until I had the time to whip it all up.
Of course we have to wait 24 hours before we get to see just how skilled I am. Maybe I shouldn't be so confident because this was definitely foreign terriority for me. But on the plus side Daren did say it looked exactly like his mom's. He also mocked the apron....we got it as a wedding gift and I had never felt the need to use it until today..I think I rocked it pretty hardcore.....
4 comments:
Good job!! Doesn't canning make you feel so grown up and accomplished? I think it does! That jam looks so tasty.
This looks great, I'm so impressed. Taylor has been canning jams, jellies and nectar all summer. However, if it were left up to me, I'm not sure if I would even know where to start. Peach jam is the BEST! I told Taylor that there better be peaches in heaven because they are pretty much my favorite food.
Don't worry, I'll check your blog often even though it's private and I hate private blogs (excluding yours of course)
I am so excited for you!! I love making jam. I feel so cool every time I do it!! I hope it tastes great and I want some when I come up!!
Oh I love your Apron! And hey I saw you commented on MBK! Your shoulder got a shoutout! Thanks for being the assistants at the fair. I love the picture of all of us at the end of the fair shoot in the gallery. You need to see the rest of the pictures sometime. I will tell you the password!
Post a Comment