Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy ThanksBirthGiving Weekend!

In the past I have always complained about my crappy birthday. I tried really hard this year to not let anything ruin the day for me. And guess what?! It was the best birthday ever. Seriously!

Daren kept telling me I can't complain because I get a huge feast on my birthday. I don't love thanksgiving food, just the appetizers and desserts! Leftover turkey sandwiches aren't bad either.

Thanksgiving was a little bunch for us this year.  Just the usual "Sunday Dinner" crowd(2nd Generation Boston family + Daren + Chris) and my grandparents. I loved it!



There was WAY too much food though. But, I sure did devour the chocolate-peanut-krispie treats..

Charlie hung out by me the whole time cause I give him food ;)


I used the excuse over and over again "just do it as a birthday present to me"...I loved it

Daren got me a heater, it's pretty darn fancy.  I think Kona loves it more than I do


Of course, what birthday wouldn't be complete without a Kathy Bag from my grandma!

And oh what a glorious day it was to receive a MICROWAVE from my parents!!! We've gone without one for just shy of 2 months! Yes, food does taste better when cooked on/in stove/oven but sometimes my time is just a little more important.

Then on Friday mommy and I did very little shopping. Nothing in the wee hours of the morning, just later that afternoon. I did not feel good, super headache from said chocolate-peanut-krispie treats. I think I'm getting some bad TMD from grinding. Which is not so good when I have to wear rubber bands for the braces.  Who votes that it's time for these bad boys to come off!?


On Saturday, the McCauls joined us for a wonderful day. Unfortunately, we got stuck watching the BYU/Ute game. Before we watched the game they wanted to buy me a birthday present, which I really didn't expect! We went to the mall and Joe and I ended up going around and I had to try on *cringe* everything he told me to and then he'd pick which one to buy. I love the shirt I ended up with. I wouldn't have ever picked it out myself. Thanks McCaul family! I wish I had whipped the camera out for when they were here.

Thanks to everyone for making my birthday (weekend hehe) super wonderful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Belated B day!!! Sounds like it was fabulous!! Hope to see you guys sometime soon, with the holidays and all!

The Obergs said...

Love the purse, love your headband, love the microwave! Oh Erica, I thought about you all day and I'm SO glad that you had a wonderful day.

Andria said...

I am glad you had a great birthday!! It was great seeing you and I am sorry for my husband making you try on so many shirts at the mall. He is kinda crazy that way!!