Sunday, November 08, 2009

So I Think Ya'll Be Jealous

Last night was the So You Think You Can Dance Tour!! I know I say this like a thousand times, but seriously, we know how to have a good time.  We started out the evening, not all 8 of us, just the "Boston" part of the family night out- Kelsi, Mom, Me, Andria, and Shannon(Andria's sister in law), by going to Red Robin in our matching attire.  I think I can always handle being matchy, matchy but the looks make me feel all funny.


After Red Robin the Brown girls(Lindsay, Leslie, and Alli) showed up for the good time...in a limo!  Ok, joke they didn't come in the limo but next year I totally think we should get one for ourselves! Especially if that dang construction is still going on....

We also got offered to buy these SCAMMED wrist bands, for a "Meet and Greet" BOGUS!  It didn't dawn on us until after they only had 5, before the Browns showed up, left and then magically went and started selling more that we realized this just may not be what we thought we had gotten.  We seriously had no idea and when we asked people about it they just looked at us like we were crazy. But we didn't let that ruin the fun we had in store.

I apologize for all the dance pictures which could seriously mean nothing to most of you, but I think there are a select few of you who would really appreciate living vicariously through me.

Brandon and Jeanette...sigh...perfect couple

Phillip and Jeaninne


The "Butt Dance"

Bollywood

Super Hero Top 3 Girl Dance


Eyes On Fire- the Twilight Dance

...the Russian Folk dance made a few appearances...

Battlefield

I was so excited to see this water/table group dance.  I never did get to see it.  Loved it!




They even had a plug for the new workout videos.  Kupono was hilarious! PS Don't get the workout videos.  I got them through Netflix and I think it was fun to do once but I don't think it's a go back and try it a few more times kind of video.

They did a whole group Russian Folk Dance


The Addiction dance was so much more intense live


Then it was over and I was sad....


Then, we didn't know what to do since we had these dang wrist bands, which the Browns did end up getting one along with us. We knew where the girls who sold them to us were sitting so we were keeping our eyes on them.  They weren't moving.  So we helped ourselves down to the floor. We asked another lady and she said you had to have this sticker/badge thing.  Thats when I was ready to pack up and leave.  Seriously!?  Then we walked over to the other side of the floor and what do ya know.  It was legit!!!!  So, we went and sat in a specific section and watched the whole shows magic vanish before our eyes.



Then, the most glorious part of the whole evening....we got to meet the dancers!!

We got to watch Randi give her husband a kiss....which thank goodness that is who her husband is because the guy I was thinking it was... wooof....

Now, I didn't know just how this thing was going to work so I figured we'd have to make a plan....I knew #1 person I needed to see was Brandon.  Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am...got my picture taken with Brandon.  It was WONDERFUL!  I squated a little so he was taller than me! Notice Ade is in the background with that dang pick...

Then of course the Bostonians had to be with Brian's twin, Phillip! Andria got her shirt signed by him.  We even showed him a picture of Brian.  He was the most friendly dancer of the bunch.  He got robbed by getting kicked off that early.

We met Jason later on, Leslie apparently is a die hard fan.  She turned her shirt around so it looked like he signed her boobs. The picture Alli got was priceless.  Leslie was a giddy little school girl.
PS Thanks Leslie for being as star struck as I was...

Here's Evan.  He was sweet.

Jeaninne was a tad too busy for us Hot Tamales apparently....she was in and out quick.

Jeanette was difficult to find but totally found her! She loved our shirts.

Kaitlyn was my nieces favorite so we had to get one with her

Don't judge us by this picture.  The whole Randi business was insane.  Her sister was there bossing me around when I took perfect control on all the other situations, I knew what I was doing without her help thanks....  But Randi acted like we were crazy.  That was when we bowed out and ended the evening.


We never did end up seeing Ade(more than later when I saw him in the background of that beautiful picture of me and Brandon...) Kupono, or Melissa.  Seriously, I think they left. But that's ok anyways I didn't love any of them.  But I loved that.  I was on cloud nine and couldn't sleep last night. Thanks Boston's, McCaul's, Brown's for the BEST NIGHT EVER!

8 comments:

Andria said...

It was such a fun night!! I loved it. I cannot believe how lucky we were to get backstage passes! We totally rocked!! I can't wait till the next show!

Anonymous said...

Yes I will say it... I am soooo Jealous!!!!!!!! how fun is that! Brandon was one of my Fav's too! I for sure want to go to that next year when it comes through!! I loved the shirts!

Unknown said...

I was totally there last night. It was amazing! I think I got teary a few times! I am so jealous that you got to meet them! ! ! My favs are kupono, jason, janine and phillip. But I like a lot of others too!

kelsi said...

Best. Night. Ever. My cheeks hurt so bad after we left from smiling and laughing! I love that I look like a giddy school girl in all the pictures!

The Obergs said...

things I thought of as I was reading your post:

Love the shirts this year!

Why do you look so tall in that first picture, were you standing like 3 steps above your mom?

Brandon and Jeanette were the perfect couple. I think she should have won, loved her!

Hated the top 3 superhero girl dance and this picture just brought back all of those feelings

Russian folk dance!? They brought that back in just for laughs right?

Yay, they did my favorite dance, Ruby Blue with brandon and jeanette.

So glad you got a picture of Randi's husband. I was surprised that he was never even shown on SYTYCD. I was starting to think he was a myth.

Love the picture with Phillip. It's just like looking at a family picture.

Oh Jeanette looks great! Love her!

hahahah, ok, I'm looking at the picture with Randi and was going to comment how busted she looks and then I looked down at Kelsi and started laughing my head off. That is awesome! Someone must have said something hilarious.

Thanks for sharing all the pics, I really did live through you. I hope you enjoyed it doubly for me. Sorry this is so long and random. I just typed as I read it. See you tomorrow!

apb said...

Erica! Look at the lady on the right hand side of the Randi photo! She seems a bit disgusted at us laughing so hard... It was such a fun night. I still can't believe we got backstage passes.

I don't think people realize how obsessed we are with SYTYCD... I need to start watching season 6. Look for my post soon. I need to find a faster internet connection than my apartment.

Leslie said...

Hahah I still can't believe Randi hated us so bad! I think we are sooo super fun! Someone needs to tell the story of WHY we were laughing so hard!

And holy crap we all look like Giants compared to Janette. And none of us are really tall enough to be considered a giant!

And I know my husband is so proud of me getting my shirt signed by Jason. It is BOMB though. And I felt like a silly school girl doing it!

GAH! There's just so much I want to comment on! But I can't get it all out!

Kels? Did you ever email those ladies who want to buy your shirt designs?!

Burke and Emily Adams said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!